PhD in Kerala University, Entrance Exam 2012, Notification, Results, Programme, Admission, Eligibility, Selection Procedure. Welcome to PhD in Kerala University Section. Here you will find PhD in Kerala University, Entrance Exam 2012, Notification, Results, Programme, Admission, Eligibility, Selection Procedure of PhD from Kerala University.
PhD in Kerala University:-
Admission of PhD Programs in Kerala University through Entrance Test conudcted by the University.
SCHEME OF THE TEST:-
THE ENTRANCE TEST WILL CONSIST OF 3 SECTIONS.
Section A: A test consisting of questions (Multiple choice) designed to assess the Candidate’s General knowledge in Arts, Literature, Science, Social Science, Medicine, Communication, Engineering and almost all branches of knowledge. No choice will be given (40 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each. Duration: 40 minutes) Section A will be common for all candidates (40 marks)
Section B: To test the Candidate’s capability of defining certain concepts through short answers. 12 questions out of 16 are to be answered (12x10=120 marks,
Duration - 100 minutes). In section B Candidates should answer questions only from the subject in which he/she seeks registration as indicated in the
Application form (120 marks)
Section C: To test the candidate’s ability to tackle research problems. One long answer question which should test the research potential of the candidate in the subject. One question out of 3 is to be answered. Duration - 40 minutes - 40 marks. In section C also candidates should answer questions only from the subject in which he/she seeks registration, as indicated in the application form.
Section B&C are combined in one question paper.
As detailed above the total marks for the test is 200. All the 3 sections will test the Candidate’s capacity to handle language, knowledge of subject and research aptitude. University expects only those candidates who are genuinely interested in the expansion of knowledge in their particular field and deeply committed to a regular habit of library use to participate in the University’s research programme.
While applying for the Eligibility Test, the candidates should carefully choose the subject / area of interest according to their qualifying PG Degree in the case of inter - disciplinary subject.
THE SUBJECTS OFFERED ARE AS FOLLOWS:-
I. All Subjects for which there are University Departments
II. There shall be only one question paper for Bio-technology and Microbiology. Questions for Medical Bio-chemistry comes under Biochemistry.
III. Politics and Public Administration will be combined in one question paper.
1. Chemical Engineering 4. Electrical & Electronics
2. Civil Engineering (Civil, Architecture, Town Planning) 5. Electronics & Communications
3. Computer Science and Engineering 6. Mechanical Engineering
1. Basic Medical Science (Anatomy, 3. Surgery and Allied Specialities (Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics and Physiology, Pharmacology & Pathology) General Aspects of Surgery)
2. Medicine and Allied Specialities (Gynaecology, Paediatrics, 4. Nursing Radiology, Psychiatry & General Medicine) 5. Pharmaceutical Sciences
VI. Dentistry (Including all nine branches)
Instructions to Candidates applying for Entrance Test for Admission to Ph. D Degree by Research:-
1. The minimum marks for a pass in the entrance test is 50%. In the case of S.C./ S. T. Candidates the minimum marks for a pass is 40%.
2. Candidates who pass the entrance test and have secured the prescribed minimum of 55% marks at the qualifying examination, are eligible for registration (in the University departments / Centres of research). For SC / ST candidates, the prescribed minimum marks at the qualifying examination is 45% for Science and 40% for other subjects.
Monday, February 6, 2012
PhD in Kerala University, Entrance Exam 2012, Notification, Results, Programme, Admission, Eligibility, Selection Procedure.
Home » entrance exam » PhD in Kerala University, Entrance Exam 2012, Notification, Results, Programme, Admission, Eligibility, Selection Procedure.